You become a member by paying the annual membership fee. It can be done using PayPal to the address email@example.com or by a transfer to the DESS’ bank account IBAN: SE95 6000 0000 0002 8408 3992 BIC: HANDSESS. Don’t forget to include your name together with postal and email addresses. If you are a new member, please state this.
For those living outside Scandinavia, it is 40 USD or 30 USD if you don’t want the printed version of the DESS Bulletin but only the digital one (pdf).
As a member you get
– four issues of the DESS Bulletin sent to your postal address every year or emailed to you if you are a digital subscriber. Issues older than two years are available in digital format are available at the DESS website.
– new issues of the CDs produced by DESS for its members. The next one will be available towards the end of 2016.
– access to hard to find or rare Ellington music – among other things from the Benny Åslund Collection – at the DESS’ website. There you will also find an Ellington-arkiv with supplementary material. Only members will get the password to access these website services.
– participate in the four annual meetings of the Society and other arrangements by it.
– bring a person under the age of 30 for free to the meetings.